Family School POP 3-6
Family School POP 3-6
Parent and child
Next course: T.B.A.
Time: 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Who is it for:
1. Parent and child. This is a ten (10) session course taught over ten (10) weeks three (3) hours/session. A certificate will be issued for attendance of 80% or more. Two books and many articles emailed for sessions attended.
Next Course: T.B.A.
Time: 9:00 AM-2:30 PM
2. trainees=teachers, daycare workers, police officers, nurses, anyone interested in working with children. Program includes working with active children, while their parents are coached in how to coach their child.
Trainees will receive the same instruction as the parents, but after working with the children. Trainees will have 11 sessions, one session before they start working with the children. A certificate will be issues for attendance of 80% or more.
It is a 5.5 hour/day course for the trainees (others). The trainees work hands-on with the children, while the parents take in the sessions. A second facilitator directs the trainees (would be someone with training and experience in special needs for 3-6 year olds.
Family School POP is a course teaching people how to coach a child 3-6 years old with ADHD toward success.
Excalibur ADHD Association thanks Our Saviour's Church for assisting with funding for this course.
Sessions deal with:
- Take Care of yourself.
- What is hyperactivity?
- Why not understand your child?
- How to communicate with your child.
- How to encourage good behaviour.
- How to set limits.
- How to reward.
- How to use Time-Out.
- How to deal with your child's behaviour in public.
- Dealing with schools/daycares.
Facilitator-theory: Maya Warnock, B.A. (Hon), M.B.A.
Maya is the founder of Excalibur ADHD Association and its president. She is a paraprofessional mental health worker specializing in ADHD. She has worked with children with ADHD since 2002. Her education includes child development and psychology (M.S.V.U.), school-aged care (St. Lawrence College) and Simply ADHD (an ADHD Coaching Course) plus several courses in Working Memory training. She has been a Working Memory coach since 2012. She has completed the Mental Health First Aid for Adults working with Youth. She is a facilitator for several support groups, Saturday & Summer Camps for 6-12 year olds, and the parent-facilitator for Family School POP both 3-6 and 6-12 year olds. She wrote the books for the POP courses. Dr. Sam Goldstein, a world-renowned expert in ADHD, read them and wrote the forward to them.
Facilitator-practical: Deborah Odell
Deborah is a registered Early Childhood Educator (M.S.V.U.). She has an extensive work history in this field. She assisted teachers in the New Brunswick school system as coach on how to deal with challenging behaviours. She taught social skills in Nova Scotia. She is a believer in letting children learn through play incorporating science and math exploration plays to assist children in their future education. She is a graduate of Family School POP 6-12 years old. She is the current Child & Youth Chair on Excalibur ADHD Association Board.