Family School POP
We offer two levels of the P.O.P. program: one for people caring for/working with children 6-12 years old
and another for 3-6 years olds.
Education in the POP methods
The target population for these courses are parents and others working or dealing with hyperactive children. This course is also beneficial to people dealing with inattentive children. The children do not need to be diagnosed with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
These courses are offered to give parents and others insight into children with hyperactive behaviours. The courses give samples of methods to deal effectively with these children both hyperactive and inattentive. This means no butting heads and methods to give these children a chance to feel normal and thereby behaving in a calm and cooperative manner.
The aim of the course is:
- Increase the positive interaction between child and adult/peers.
- Decrease future behavioural difficulties
- Offer parents and others new methods to parent and deal with these children
- Increase the child's positive behaviours
- Increase the child's ability to reach success
- Allow the children a positive experience in a safe environment (3-6 year olds)
Who should attend this course?
1. Parents, who wish to support and understand their active child.
2. Teachers, nurses, daycare workers, youth-ministers, police officers, coaches and anyone working with children.
This is a program for parents of children with hyperactivity issues and anyone working with children. We train the people in how to effectively interact with these hyperactive children.
This is a ten (10) chapter course.
Outline of the course:
1.Take care of yourself.
2. What is hyperactivity?
3. Why not understand your child's behaviour?
4. How to communicate with your child.
5. How to reinforce good behaviour.
6. How to set limits.
7. How to reward.
8. How and when to use Time-Out and Down-time.
9. How to deal with your child's behaviour in public.
10. How to deal with schools/daycares.